Title: Parliamentary Practice in New Zealand
Author: David McGee; edited by Mary Harris and David Wilson
Specs: 245 x 155 mm portrait, PB, 896 pp, black & white
Ebook ISBN: 978-0-947506-27-8
Ebook RRP: $45.00
Parliamentary Practice in New Zealand
is the definitive work on practice and procedure in the New Zealand House of Representatives.
This fourth edition incorporates a decade of developments since the third edition in 2005, and reflects many significant changes in parliamentary law, practice and procedure, including:
- the Parliamentary Privilege Act 2014
- how the House and its committees conduct legislative and financial scrutiny
- the use of extended sittings by the House
- the increased role of the Business Committee to manage the transaction of parliamentary business
- how the work of the House and its committees is communicated to the public.
This new edition features an attractive design and accessible structure, with extensive indexing and references.
The ebook is available from 24 May on leading online retailers including the Ibooks store, Amazon
and Mebooks NZ ebooks.