Title: Parliamentary Practice in New Zealand
Author: David McGee; edited by Mary Harris and David Wilson
Specs: 245 x 155 mm portrait, PB, 896 pp, black & white
Ebook ISBN: 978-0-947506-27-8
Ebook RRP: $45.00
Parliamentary Practice in New Zealand is the definitive work on practice and procedure in the New Zealand House of Representatives.
This fourth edition incorporates a decade of developments since the third edition in 2005, and reflects many significant changes in parliamentary law, practice and procedure, including:
- the Parliamentary Privilege Act 2014
- how the House and its committees conduct legislative and financial scrutiny
- the use of extended sittings by the House
- the increased role of the Business Committee to manage the transaction of parliamentary business
- how the work of the House and its committees is communicated to the public.
This new edition features an attractive design and accessible structure, with extensive indexing and references.